Thursday 23 May 2019

Follow in my steps

I went to Morning Prayer this morning in East Meon. Since then I have been reflecting on 1 Peter 2:21: Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
Yesterday I was really feeling as though I was suffering - my feet and legs were sore and my rucksack was hurting my back, my shoulders and my hips. My reflection today was about how Christ's suffering was so much more and it was all for me - so that I have the opportunity to walk and see all the great things that I have done today. There are also others who suffer far more for their faith in countries where Christians are persecuted. I also met the vicar at East Meon who is walking the South Downs Way this weekend in 36hours, starting at 5am on Saturday and finishing in Eastbourne on Sunday morning. She too will suffer more than I. Here's a link to her fundraising page: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jane-ball9. Do support her.
I walked with a much lighter step today.  Not quite as light as a feather, but this seemed to reflect my mood.  And haven't minded so much the fact that downs always mean there's an uphill bit coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment