Sunday 19 May 2019

First steps of preparation

So, it's beginning to be real now and telling others about this blog will help me to reflect on what happens as I walk.
Today Lola was baptised at St Francis. Very fitting then that I start my walk at the same time as she starts her journey of faith.  It has helped me to think about committing myself into God's hands for the duration of the time that I am away, rather than thinking that I can control it all myself.  The weather, the train journey there - they are all in God's hands.
This was a photo from a practice walk last week that I shared with Lola's parents, thinking about how they are helping her to take her first steps of faith.  When the path is so clearly marked out for you, as it is here to cross the stream, it's easy to take that first step, even if it is a bit scary.  Problems come when there are a number of different paths that can be taken.  My prayer today is that Lola's parents will be shown a clear path by God over the next months and years and that I too will find a clear path in my continued preparations for the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment